The seventeenth of January is observed annually as Customer Service Day. Every product and service is developed with the consumer in mind since no company can survive without them. With everyone’s attention on the customer (which is warranted), it’s easy to overlook the importance of the customer service department in delivering excellent service and responding to customer complaints when they emerge.
Many companies now offer 24/7 customer care so that clients may get support whenever it’s most convenient for them. Companies that want to build brand loyalty invest in a quick and responsive customer service department.
History Of The Day
To help customers make the most effective use of a product, businesses often set up what is known as “customer support” functions. Support is given throughout the lifecycle of a product, from conception through disposal. Customer service can be broken down into two main categories: technical support and “at-home customer support.” Services for consumer electronics are often performed in the customer’s home and are hence referred to as “at-home customer services” or “at-home customer support.”
Technical assistance is needed at a specialist facility for products such as mobile phones, televisions, computers, software products, and other electrical or mechanical goods.
A human agent or a machine, like an app, could assist a customer. 24-hour availability and a human touch are two advantages of automated customer service, which may supplement human customer service. Using AI to simulate a conversation with a human agent using modern communication technology is a common method of providing customer care.
Also Read: Alchemy Of Souls Season 2
Avatars on websites are just one form of automated online assistance used by businesses to provide customer support via artificial means in order to save money on staffing and maintenance. This is powered by chatbots, which employ methods like natural language processing.
However, in the modern internet era, it has proven difficult to keep or improve the human experience in electronic commerce. It is especially important in online customer support forums to provide a sense of personal, human-to-human connection due to the lack of emotional, visual, and tactile presence.
Many businesses now use real-time feedback systems that collect information right where it’s needed—at the point of experience. This is helpful because it allows businesses to rapidly enhance their customer service, which in turn greatly increases the likelihood that customers will return.
How To Observe Customer Service Day
As a company, you should consider how important it is to provide good customer service, find out what your clients want, and thank them for their continued business. You should also express gratitude to your employees who are responsible for providing customer service.
In order to become more attentive to the needs of your customers, you should create and organise surveys, questionnaires, and focus groups; use the information you find on social media and online review websites; and produce and organise surveys, questionnaires, and focus groups to learn more about the requirements of your customers.
Also Read: Megan Hall Scandal
Utilize them today in your role as a customer service representative to deliver the highest possible level of support to your clients. Pay close attention to what the needs and desires of your customers are, and be flexible in meeting those requirements. When you are given the option to do so, as a customer, you should engage in surveys, questionnaires, and focus groups.
Additionally, you should submit feedback pertaining to both positive and negative experiences with customer service on online review websites and social media.
Good Reasons To Celebrate Customer Service Day
- Even if you’re not in the business of assisting customers directly, you still have plenty to gain from this special day.
- We can all take a moment to thank those who go above and beyond to make our daily lives more manageable.
- For all their efforts to ensure customer satisfaction, we would like to express our gratitude to those involved at this time.
- On top of that, it’s a chance to appreciate the value of excellent customer service and be reminded of its significance, even when it’s not our responsibility to provide it.
- One more is that it gives us an opportunity to evaluate our own customer service practises and think about how we might better treat the people who provide us with goods and services.
- This is a great chance to show off your company’s strong customer service practises and help other companies improve their own methods.
Customer Service Facts And Figures You Might Find Interesting
- Good customer service is recognised annually during a weeklong holiday established by President George H. W. Bush in 1992.
- The majority of consumers (93%) only buy from the same companies twice if they have a positive experience with the service they received the first time.
- According to Khoros, 65% of customers who switched brands did so because of a negative experience.
- Ninety percent of customers see problem solving as extremely important when interacting with a business.
- Recognizing when you shouldn’t provide customer service is just as crucial.