To access region-locked material, we’ll show you how to modify the Amazon Fire TV Stick’s default location. Before we begin, you must have a VPN if you intend to access geo-restricted content from outside the country. Check out our list of the top VPNs for Firestick if you don’t already have one.
The Amazon Fire TV Stick has several apps and content that are region-locked, meaning only certain locations may access them. You might occasionally need to alter the nation where your Firestick is registered. An IP address from the nation from where you are streaming video may also be required. Both of those processes can be aided by a VPN, however, this guide will concentrate on the first.
A Firestick’s Whole Capability Is Only Accessible In A Select Number Of Nations, Including:
- American and Canadian
- British Empire
Due to limitations on geographic licencing, Amazon Prime Video has various video libraries for each nation. By switching your nation, you will have access to TV series and movies that Amazon Prime Video does not provide in your own country.
Only the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Germany, and Japan support the Fire TV Cube. Some TV series and movies can be viewed unaltered from other countries. These are offered on a different page of Amazon’s website.
How To Change Your Amazon Country?
If you want to be able to create Prime Video, do this. purchase and renting transactions abroad. Only the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and Austria offer Prime Video for purchases and rentals.
You must choose a new country in your Amazon account in order to change your Amazon Prime country. Grab your phone or laptop and go to Amazon.com because it can’t be done on the actual device.
Here’s How To Switch Your Amazon Country:
- Log in to your Firestick’s associated Amazon account.
- Select Your content and devices by hovering over Accounts and Lists.
- reposition firestick country 1
- Toggle to the Preferences tab.
- reposition firestick country 2 Choose Your Country or Region
- Next to your current nation, click Change.
- reposition firestick country 3
- Enter your address in the nation you want to be linked with on the form. using a Firestick
Restart your Fire TV Stick by going back to it now. The same procedure you used to register the Firestick when you first bought it will be required of you again.
Although you might still use a VPN to watch Prime Video from other countries, you should now have access to it. Find out more below. In order to ensure that this change does not impact your shopping and other Amazon-related activities, you may choose to open a new Amazon account.
How To Change The Country Of Your Firestick’s IP Address?
You’ll need an IP address linked with the nation from which you’re watching if you want to unblock region-locked streaming content from Prime Video and other apps like BBC iPlayer, Crunchyroll, and Hulu. A The simplest way to change your IP address is with a VPN. Apps for Fire TV devices are produced by a select few top VPN providers.
Here’s how to use an Amazon Firestick to join a VPN:
- Download and install the NordVPN Firestick app after signing up for the service.
- Open the VPN application, decide which nation the streaming service is in, and then establish a connection.
- A few seconds should pass before the link is made. Your IP address ought to have changed by this point.
- Return to your favourite streaming service and begin watching! If you’re having trouble with playback, see our instructions for preventing buffering on a Firestick.
- Note that certain VPNs are prohibited by streaming services, so take advantage of money-back promises to test out VPNs until you discover one that works.
If you join up at this website, NordVPN will provide you a fully functional, risk-free 30-day trial. For a month, you can use the top-rated VPN for Amazon Firestick and Fire TV without any limitations. If you want to continue streaming your favourite shows while you vacation, this is fantastic.
There are no ambiguous conditions; if you decide NordVPN isn’t the correct choice for you within 30 days, contact customer care to for a complete refund. Go here to begin your NordVPN trial.
How To Move The Firestick’s Placement
It doesn’t significantly affect the stuff you may access and is mostly used to receive weather updates from Alexa. Here’s how to modify your Firestick location:
- Go to the Home screen going Settings
- Select Preferences.
- Change the firestick placement by selecting it.
- Enter the postal code of the place you want to go.
FAQs For Moving Locations On Firestick
Why are some apps unavailable on my Fire TV or Firestick?
Your Amazon account is probably not set to the appropriate country because specific apps aren’t available in the app store. For instance, British customers cannot directly install the ESPN app because it is unavailable in the UK. You have two options for fixing this: either sideload the software onto your device or use the aforementioned instructions to alter the region of your Amazon account. Make careful you just download if you choose to go with option two. APK files from a reliable source are recommended because dubious websites frequently repackage malicious apps that are popular.
Which Amazon Firestick models support VPNs?
Currently, all Fire TV models enable VPN connections, with the exception of the first generation. In other words, you’re generally safe if you purchased your gadget after 2014. You may just check your gadget to find out for sure if it is a first-generation device if any of the following apply.
To Know More, Visit Our Website: thewhistlernews.com